Clarence Maquito, Real Estate Broker
Sutton Group-Admiral Realty Inc, Brokerage
SELLING YOUR HOUSE - FROM START TO FINISH
1) Check your mortgage pay-off or penalty - Contact your bank or lending institution or you can fill out a written authorization allowing me to contact them on your behalf.
2) Determine how much your property is worth - My free market evaluation is essentially a conservative estimate, I will negotiate for more money in your pocket when the offers start coming in.
3) Make necessary repairs and prep the property - Typical projects are repainting, general cleaning, de-cluttering and organizing your stuff/furniture. My free staging consultation adds a wow factor to your property and helps it sell for top dollar.
4) Estimate your cost to sell - I always provide a "net-in-your-pocket" breakdown of what your approximate expenses (legal, financing, broker fee, etc) and what you will keep as profit on closing date.
5) Showing the property - Before your property goes viral on the MLS, my professional photographer will take pictures for marketing purposes such as feature sheets, video/online ads, and other forms of media coverage. Your house should always be available for showing even if it may occasionally be inconvenient. Make it accessible, many agents will not show a property that takes 24 hours to get into.
- I will install a lockbox with a duplicate key in a convenient place outside your property for agents' access and a for sale sign (if applicable)
- Try not to be present: Buyers will feel uneasy if you are inside the property. Visit your local coffee house or your favourite store to pass the time.
- Lighting: Turn on all indoor lights to give a homey impression
- Fragrances: No scented sprays, visitors might be allergic to them, use a potpourri or something natural
- Pet Control: Best to take your pet/s with you while the buyers tour the property
- Soft Music: Another touch to give a comfy and relaxed impression
- Empty kitchen trash and keep the whole property tidy as well as the exterior and the garage neatly organized (if applicable)
6) Negotiating the offer - You as well as the other decision-maker/s, and I will sit down and go over the offer/s. With the hot real estate market, multiple offers are dime a dozen. We will go over the details of the offer/s, and we can either, a) accept it, b) revise or counter-offer, and c) reject the offer/s. This is also the moment to consider your preferred closing date. Remember, my role is to protect your best interest and get you the biggest bang for your money.
7) Reaching an agreement - You as well as the other decision-maker/s will absolutely make the final decision, I will only guide and give you advice.
8) Closing the sale - I will deliver all the paperwork to our chosen real estate lawyer, who will contact you before our closing date. And on closing date, our lawyer will issue your big fat cheque.
9) Celebrate - Optional step, but a lot of fun!