The single most important decision you will make with me, your Realtor®, is determining the right asking price for your property.
Once you've achieved a realistic sales price, you can count on your property being professionally marketed and promoted to bring more buyers to your door.
You can also expect to sell your property for the best possible price in the least amount of time.
The Benefits of Pricing Right
1. Your property sells faster, because it is exposed to more qualified buyers.
2. Your property doesn't lose its "marketability."
3. The closer to market value, the higher the offers that will come in.
4. A well-priced property can generate competing offers and this is very good for you!
5. Real Estate Professionals, such as myself, will be enthusiastic about presenting your property to buyers. If you price it too high, you'll need to continually reduce the price until we hit that "magic" number, and by then, buyers will begin wondering:
a) What is wrong with your property?
b) How much lower will you go? Ideally, you only want 1 price reduction.
Here are a few guidelines to consider:
• Realize I am not your adversary, I am on your side; enlist my help fully
• I can pull up pending sales and examine their history. How many days on the market before the price was reduced and how much of a price reduction was made? We won't know the sold price, but we can determine the average price reduction percentages together
• We can review the sold prices with active listings. Are sold prices higher or lower?
• I can pull the history on active listings to determine how many days on the market (DOM) before the prices were reduced. I will encourage you to ignore active listings without price reductions unless they are really similar to ours and the DOM are low
• We can run side-by-side comparisons with active listings near the price point we are considering. And we always, always price ours so it falls in the top 2 to 5 listings or, if you are really determined, price it less than anything else on the market
Find Out What Your Property Is Worth
For a current market analysis of your home please feel free to take advantage of my Free Home Evaluation.